Monday, May 23, 2005

Too Much?

I like this new blog. It's so convenient. There's no way I would have gone to the old web journal, ftp'ed the file, typed in my thoughts, adjusted the fonts, the uploaded the new file. It may have only taken like and extra 3 minutes, but still, it just seems like a tedious task, and beginning now, I'm out to rid as many of those from my life as possible. They really do add up after a while.

Anyway, there is a slight problem w/ the blog. I realized it as I was in my "thinking chamber" (read: the crapper) (hey, it's a natural human function, and you've gotta admit, it's a nice and quiet space). There's way too much information in the world now, and my blog is only adding to the problem. Seriously, if I actually read through all of the stuff I'd like to each day -- and this doesn't even include books -- I wouldn't get anything else done. Sometimes it feels really great to come across something new, like a hookup for a product, an interesting website, or some other useful information. But then it's like, "why didn't I find out about this sooner." Why? Because there's too much other stuff already out there.

Now, I'm not advocating that Big Brother only give us The People's Unified News Service, and eliminate other free thoughts, but it sure would be easier to know what the hell I need to know. Google can't really help with that. It's a much bigger issue than simply cataloging all of the info. In fact, it's really too big of an issue for me to give anymore time to, especially when I have 4 other things to do in the next 90 minutes.

Back to work...

PS - Does this blog have a spell check? Maybe I'll check tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home