Friday, June 17, 2005

Randomness in the Hour of Chaos

...well, it's not really that deep. Procrastination is a beast, though.

I freed up some time for myself b/c I realized that by the time I got to what I was supposed to do today it would be extremely ineffective b/c I would need at least another 4 hours or so, which I didn't have. So now I'm supposed to be restructuring my schedule, but instead here I am, eating cookies, typing, and listening to this new Leela James (which I'm liking a lot, though it may be a bit too mellowed out. Not that every R&B singer needs a club track, but a little uptempo never killed nobody).

NBA championship's all tied up. I was telling some cats last week that if the Pistons bring their A game every night they can get the job done. The Spurs had been playing some really good ball, which is why I think their bandwagon got top heavy. We forgot that this is the Detroit squad that sonned Shaq and Kobe last year, are still the defending champs, and believe that they are the defending champs. Not to mention, the Spurs are beatable when they get out of synch (which they've been since they left the Alamo).

The best thing about the Tyson fight last Saturday was that it was my first experience seeing HDTV. I don't get out much. And when I do, I often am too tired to pay attention to the details. But this shit was so crispy, I was in awe. That commercial where people blend in an out of the TV shows as if they're real -- maybe it would have made sense to me had I seen it in high def. Now I get it.

Tyson kept it way too real last week. Basically, it boiled down to "Yeah, I thought I was gonna fight this dude and make the world still think I was an animal, but in the middle of it all, I kinda got tuckered out and decided to go Ruth Chris. I was just doing it for the money anyway. You did cut the check right? You know I'll kill you. I'm crazy." My wife asked me whether or not the big white dude got more money for winning the fight. "Nope, baby," I said. "One-fifty (150K)." While Mike walks away with 5 mil. That's Hollywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home