Friday, February 10, 2006

Dilla, Rest in Peace

I don't even know what to say. I'm sitting down, about to prep for Saturday school tomorrow, but I first dip into OKP.com to see what's what. You know there's always some new news, commentary, a download, something. I was not expecting this. But really, I can't even say that. Because I think, deep down, I was. We all were. We saw the pictures. Heard the news from ?uestlove. This was real. What made me realize it even more was when I heard dude was going on stage in Europe in his wheel chair. It's like, "yo, I don't know when I'm gonna be able to do this again, so put me on." Maybe he didn't say that to his homies, or maybe he did. Maybe not in words. But I think they knew. And then came Donuts. When I heard it, I said to my homey that this album followed no script; that Dilla did what he wanted to do, as if... as if he knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home