Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Musical Multi-tasking

Game 6 of the NBA finals just started (will this be last game? that remains to be seen), but the national anthem is on, so I'm doing my usual.... flipping to the video stations.

VH1 Soul has our favorite MIAA (Missing in Action Artist), D'Angelo, and his "mighty fiiiiine, lady... I can tell they're looking at us." Cats at OKP.com ask about him on the regular. What the hell am I gonna say? What can I say? We don't know where that dude is.

Over at MTV Jams, its Kels with yet another pending hit. This one's with The Game. Oh, okay... the video's got the boats, bikinis. O for originality. Why is it that whenever R's recording, he's gotta have like 8 songs out at once, whether it's a feature or his own mess? It all ends up sounding the same to me. People are calling The Closet joints genius. The only smart thing was slicing it up into five parts and making negroes hang off their seat edges, b/c we all know, we love some drama. It's overload though... the drama and R. Kelly. Damn, speak of the devil, now he's on VH1 Soul w/ Syleena Johnson. Can't stop, won't stop.

In the background, on the stereo, I've got Leela James playing (yeah, I often watch TV, type, and listen to the music at the same time. And I wonder why I now feel like a prime candidate for adult ADD). What I don't get about this one is that it came out today but there's no radio, no video, no buzz, nothing. We promo'ed in at OKP at least 6 months ago and had no plans to make any followup mentions, until I just popped it in the news my last 2 shifts. Is this album supposed to fail? Such a damn shame, because there's not much else that can touch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home