Sunday, June 26, 2005

Untitled, #9

This weekend I had planned on doing 13 things. Saturday, I was having so much fun sitting down in one place, working on one thing, that I made a day of it. Can't remember the last time I did that. (Maybe it was last year, when I was writing that book). Spent time organizing my thoughts, working through some ideas, re-reading old notes... basically just getting myself together. I worked on some related stuff, too, but I didn't bounce around from project to project, trying to put in an hour here and there. I know, given my load of stuff to do, that that will be the usual routine, but it sometimes leaves me longing for some semblance of completion. Oh well, what can I do?

----

The NBA season is over. Even more free hours in the day now. The Pistons took it to seven, but the Spurs pulled it out. Wrote about it already here. Duncan's rep lives to see another day.

----

Today (Sunday) was much more like the usual routine. Took kids to church (been supposed to be going back for 6 months now, finally made it. Kids acted okay. Could have been worse, I guess), started to make post-church omlettes (saw dude hooking it up on TV One yesterday) but ended up copping out with a scramble, washed and folded 2 loads of clothes, worked on book sales, charted schedule for the week, finally activated credit card, planned vacation in August, went to campus and finally updated Chance22 site to link to blog, played 2 terrible games of basketball (I really need to do some cardio), thought I was playing KFC by negotiating for extra chicken strips in exchange for dark meat that had another 10 minutes to cook when it turns out that I got played b/c they forgot my biscuits, cooked this fly Thai shrimp dish for me and the wife (okay, it was a frozen hookup, but my decision to pan fry it vs oven bake brought up the authentic flavors), got my hair retwisted, plunged a toilet (don't ask), read my brain book, watched Changing Lanes, and did this blog.

----

It's official. Nia is authentically Black. When I came home with the KFC bag, she sang "ooohhhhh, chicken, chicken, chicken."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home