Thursday, July 07, 2005

Moment #94251

Was at the gym today, wondering what am I doing here. Only reason I went was b/c it was visit #119 on the health plan mission to get my fitness reimbursement. One more to go, son! Holla at ya healthy boy! Anyway, I was dog tired. Stretched, did a few things, then bounced to pick up the kids. Honestly don't remember the ride home (good thing it's a straight shot... just gotta pay attention to the red and green lights). Get to the house, unload the fam, then go to park the car. Come back in and the kids yell up "Hiiiiiii Daaaaadddddy" from downstairs. It's a daily routine for them now, but this time, in that moment, I realized just how good it was to hear it. One day they'll be too old and too cool, or they'll be at basketball practice, or over at a friend's. One day, they'll be glued to the TV (maybe we'll all have high def by then), or be mad at me b/c I had to put them on punishment, and give me a lazy wave, or maybe no acknowledgement at all. One day they'll be in college, then in their own house with their own kids, and I'll probably still look at them the way my momma looks at me... like I'm that little brown boy who just lost his two front teeth.

It's days like today when you feel lucky, and you realize the importance of paying attention to your life, and the little things that mean so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home